what others are saying
Street Culture in Chengdu: Public Space, Urban Commoners, and Local Politics, 1870-1930, by Di Wang (Stanford University Press), for which I provided developmental editing and copy editing, received the Best Book in Non-North American Urban History Award in 2005 and was named one of the ten best books published in China in 2006 by Chinese Readers' Weekly.
"Ann is detail oriented and thorough. She sees the tiniest details as well as the big picture." --Di Wang
"I couldn't have gotten tenure without you." --K.M.
"Thank you for taking the stress out of writing!" --D.E.
"Now I know why it's important to have a personal brand." --A.K.
- I earned a B.A. in English from Hendrix College (ranked the nation's top up-and-coming liberal arts college by U.S. News & World Report in recent years), and an M.Ed. and Ph.D. in higher education administration from Texas A&M University.
- I was only the second person to receive both the Dissertation of the Year Award and T. M. Stinnett Award for Scholarly Achievement (1995).
- I spent a month learning about higher education in Japan through an Administrative Fulbright grant (July 1999).
- I participated in Leadership Texas (now Leadership Women), a year-long program for 100 women leaders (2007).
- I have received recognition from the International Association of Business Communicators and Public Relations Society of America, as well as fun awards, such as winning the Writers' Police Academy Golden Donut short story contest in 2012 (and being a finalist in 2013).
- I am a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association, Writers' League of Texas, and Houston Writers House.
- I live in Bryan-College Station, Texas.